This year, I'm heavily stumped as what my goals should be. I'm usually a big goal maker and know exactly what I should be working on. But year after year, I feel that I start out really strong and by April, it's like "I made goals?" They're long forgotten and no progression is really being made.
Instead of just writing down a number of goals that will be long forgotten, I realize that something needs to change.
These words from this article really helped me:
"If you find yourself among those who feel trapped in this stagnating stage of life, remember that you don't have to be doing something extraordinary to have an extraordinary life, but you do have doing something. The key is to keep moving."
It's like in Finding Nemo where Dory says, "Just keep swimming."
Here's to my low-key resolutions for now:
- Give Henry as much attention as possible, even if I have only the energy to watch toddler shows in bed with him.
- Get ready in the mornings especially once the baby comes. It really helps boost self-esteem and helps husband not see you too tired.
- Take care of yourself (easier said than done). A family needs a mama who is well.
- Read the Book of Mormon this year and try to read every single day.
- Have Family Home Evenings every week, doesn't matter the day or time.
- Launch more products in my little Etsy shop! Maybe print tees, mugs, tote bags this year. :)
- Be positive. Less complaining, more doing.
- Keep learning (time to finally take that class in Illustrator and I've done the first step of signing up!).
"If your life's progress seems like it's come to a standstill, catch a current of motivation to keep improving. Grab a paddle, an oar, or just start up that engine-- whatever your personal goal-reaching incentives may be-- and get moving. By accomplishing small daily, weekly, and monthly goals, you'll find that not only will you become a better person, but you'll feel the empowerment and fulfillment of having a milestone-achieving, self-improving, ever-flowing, and all-around more meaningful life.
Whatever your goals may be-- it's time to get moving and KEEP MOVING! Cheers!